Thursday, October 14, 2010

Short week

The week is almost over! Yippee! I’m off work tomorrow for the drive to Caseyville, Ill., for two days of obedience.

I don’t have my things packed (2 shirts on hangers does not constitute “packed.”)

The van is not loaded.

The dogs are not groomed. (Okay, really, how much grooming does Phoenix need? But Jamie needs to rub up against a brush.)

I need to de-clutter my training bag so I'm not taking every leash, collar and toy I own with us this weekend.

I haven’t organized any food. This is VERY important since there’s no food concession at the trial site.

I need to prep food to leave at home so the Farmer doesn’t starve to death before I get back Sunday night.

I have a class to teach tonight.

And I’m leaving mid-morning tomorrow.

Really, that house elf better look out if I ever catch him. He is a major slacker!

Weekend goals: enjoy the time spent with my dog and my friends without obsessing about our ring performance; walk into the ring smiling and relaxed; be the best handler I can be to support Phoenix through all the exercises; build attitude in the ring; work a series of “pre-stays” before we do group exercises. These are all goals I am absolutely confident I can meet.

2 comments:

  1. My house elf is totally slacking too! I am leaving tonight for Pat Hasting's seminar in Canada this weekend and I don't have a single thing packed. Eek! Suppose I should be doing that instead of playing on the computer! :)

    Have a great weekend and lots of luck to you and handsome Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, busy day! The shirts on the hanger count a little bit towards packing. If you mentally pack all your clothes (have a mental list of what you're bringing and a basic idea of where those clothes are in the house), then you're almost totally packed. At least, that's how I count it :)

    I like your weekend goals! I think the "pre-stays" are a good idea, too, but the rest are the best. I wonder how many dogs with cranky handlers will be looking at Phoenix and going, "I wish my handler was like that..."

    ReplyDelete