Friday, October 8, 2010

Ho-hum

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL
500 AM CDT FRI OCT 8 2010

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

THE PROBABILITY FOR WIDESPREAD HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS LOW.

SPOTTER ACTIVATION WILL NOT BE NEEDED TODAY OR TONIGHT.

Yawn. It’s been like this for the last two weeks. Sunny dry days. Clear chilly nights. Zero humidity. Light winds. Totally perfect autumn weather.

Please don't think I’m complaining!

After this summer, it seems absolutely freaky to string together more than 48 hours of dry weather at a time. If you can believe the seven-day forecast, we’re looking at the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW of it.

I’m going to have to water flowers this afternoon. The annuals are on their way out but the perennials need a good soaking so they aren’t stressed going into winter. I ordered some lily bulbs and it would be great if they would come soon so I can get them in the ground while it’s still so nice. With my luck, I’ll end up planting them in the rain on a 42 degree day in November.

This is a “home” weekend but it’s a busy one: an obedience match tomorrow morning at the Scott County Kennel Club building (my fifth trip to Davenport in nine days, just wind me up and point me east) and a wedding reception in the evening (cake!); then lessons and training on Sunday and, sadly, a funeral visitation for a co-worker’s mother.

Plus a huge to-do list at home. I’d like to start packing and getting ready for NEXT weekend’s trip to the Mound City trials in Illinois but the last time I packed a week in advance, the weather totally changed and I ended up throwing in a bunch of extra stuff at the last minute and still didn’t have everything I needed.

Have a great weekend, whatever you’re doing!

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to share with you, that I met with Linda the communicator on Wednesday for her to read both of my Tervs. Her first comment on Eva was that she was a very polite young lady(very true). Linda's first comment about Brice was that he has a very healthy ego(also very true) and the first thing that he 'said' was "Bouncy! Bouncy! I bounce".

    Thanks for sharing Linda with us. I want to do a follow-up appt in a few months for everything that I forgot or want more info on and then make it an annual thing.

    Vicky w/ Princess Eva and Brice the Silly Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need some petunias - mine are still thriving (some of them anyway). Lots of new growth and flowers. I'll be pulling up the dead ones tomorrow. Work at Camp in the a.m. and then
    doing some yard work in the 85 deg. weather. Will pull my shorts back out to mow in. I like fall too, when it's like this!!! Enjoy your week-end.

    ReplyDelete