Friday, June 25, 2010

Odds and ends on a Friday

Wow, where has the week gone? All of a sudden it’s Friday, not that I’m complaining!

Tonight Phoenix and I are going to an obedience match at Muscatine. I’ll use our Open run as a dress rehearsal for Sunday’s trial, but with some strategically planned jackpots. I’m still working on moving the jackpot away from the immediate ring but we’re not quite there yet. Our Utility run will be purely training.

Tomorrow morning, I’m going to Iowa City to drop my crate off at the show site, then out to Kay’s to teach a lesson and run some errands around town. It’s supposed to be super hot again. The National Weather Service is predicting a heat index of 100 to 105 for the area. I’m not going to train Phoenix at all tomorrow. He can have the day off. I’m just not a big fan of training a lot the day before a trial. Too many times I’ve tried to “fix” something at the last minute and ended up making it worse.

Sunday, we’re jumping back into the AKC Open ring, first time since our ill-fated Open debut in April. It’s a small trial and a quiet two-ring site. I’m feeling much more confident about his stays. We’ve put in three months of training time on them since April, now it’s time to test and see what's working.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments: