Friday, June 18, 2010

Another day in paradise

A line of strong thunderstorms just blew through the town where I work. Here's a shelf cloud on the leading edge of the storm, taken right outside the front door of the newspaper office.


I don't know what kind of clouds these are. I just call them creepy Harry Potter movie-type clouds. Yeah, that's me, the meteorologist wannabee.

Lots of heavy rain and wind with this storm but nothing truly severe. Quarter-sized hail was mentioned but it didn't happen here. Lots of lightning, though, and reports of 70 mph winds. If the skies clear after this line of storms passes through, we may be in for Round Two this afternoon and evening.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I like your technical terms!! The creepy Harry Potter clouds are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I see some dementors in those clouds!! MISSED IT!! Bill called twice to warn me, I was OBLIVIOUS until I watched the A-Frame land on the weave poles. There wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. I think they are okay.

    ReplyDelete