Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dad

My father died this morning. He passed away quietly in his sleep at Great River Hospice, West Burlington, Iowa, where he had been living since July.

It is both a blessing and a relief. He had been struggling with a number of health issues in recent years and there was no cure for any of them. The people at Great River were wonderful and kept him as comfortable as possible during his final days.

I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now, mostly just relieved and numb.

Today, I am thankful my father is at peace.

9 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, but I definitely understand the feeling of relief. It's more about the quality of life, and now that he's at peace, it's a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your father - even though you knew it was coming, it is still very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear of your loss. It's really difficult to lose a parent. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. I am certain he is at peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there and remeber the good things

    ReplyDelete