Thursday, November 18, 2010

Excuses!

This week has not been conducive to creative, funny, thought-provoking blogging. I seem to be doing good just getting from one day to the next without damaging myself.

In a fit of panicked desk-cleaning at work, looking for something I never did find, I found this, which is just as funny now as it was 10 years ago, which was the date stamped on it. Maybe if I cleaned off my desk more often than once every 10 years I wouldn't be losing stuff, huh?

EXCUSES
I cannot train my dog today,
the sky is overcast and gray,
the air's too damp, I've got a cramp,
and the dog's just eaten anyway.

Can't find the leash, got home too late,
I'm due somewhere tonight at eight.
I've got a rash, a gash and bumps,
Too tired now to get the jumps.

Traffic's made me tense and strained,
I have to lose this weight I've gained.
How can we work when it's just rained?

The dog's too hyper, my mood is blue,
I must be coming down with the flu,
I cough, I sneeze and wheeze and choke,
Darn! My only dumbbell broke!

Too cold outside - my feet are numb.
There's a sliver in my thumb.
The house needs cleaning, it's a sight.
I have to work overtime tonight.

I had a nap. Had company.
Lawrence Welk is on TV.
My toe is sore - it might be gout,
I think my hair is falling out.

I ate too much. My day's been rough.
I think my dog has had enough
Of this daily training grind,
we need some time off to unwind.

Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Great poem! I feel that way a lot.

    P.S.
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog http://justatibetanpup.blogspot.com
    I hope you enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we could all use these excuses to get out of anything! Since we started training for Utility, it is more fun for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could add an excuse to the end about having no time because of reading dog blogs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lawrence Welk???????

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happens here sometimes too. Just nothing going on in the dog department. Way too busy and given that the pups need to be separated for any real training sometimes that just seems like too much (and I can't bear training one without the other). Of course at the end of the day, it is not a sensible argument since five minutes per dog would still make a difference, but when life is stressful even small things loom large.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete