Monday, November 15, 2010

Basement steps, Part 1

She wants me to go down the stupid basement steps.
No, thank you.
I'll stand here at a safe distance and look.
Is that good enough?

No. Of course it isn't.
Okay. I'm closer.
Are you happy now?


Oh, there is food involved!
I am doing my corgi/Yoda imitation.
Keep the cookies coming, you will.
Scary looking, this carpet is.

Okay. Fine!
I'll put one foot on the first step.
ONE FOOT.
That's it.
And I'm not leaving it there for very long.
For the love of doG, woman, don't you ever vacuum?
(Um, not here. Obviously.)

Okay. Fine.
Two feet.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?
Where are the cookies?!?!?!
Don't you have a day job to go to?
And seriously, get the vacuum.
Or I'm not going one step further.
I mean it.
Two on, two off is good, right?

5 comments:

  1. Basements are scary!! We all just stand at the window and stare at the clouds, storm, tornado, etc... anyway, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's plenty. Don't do it! Those staircases are so perilous for full sized doggies such as yourself. Going up isn't too bad, but down? Forget about it. Ask her for a slide.

    Slobbers,
    mango

    ReplyDelete
  3. When he refuses to go down the stairs, you should call him Fee-Fee (or, I guess Phoe-Phoe). Maybe that'll be encouragement/antagonistic enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our steps are are Scary too!! The boys say "no thanks, we'll risk the tornado!". Mad however, will go ANYWHERE!!! Nothing bothers her!

    ReplyDelete