Friday, January 8, 2010

I didn't go to work today . . .

. . . here's one of the reasons why:

I sure wasn't tackling THAT with a shovel. If I didn't already have a heart condition before I started, I would have had one by the time I was done! The Farmer cleared it later in the afternoon with a blade behind the tractor. He spent most of the day moving snow from one place to another.

Here's another good reason to stay home. This is the road in front of our house, looking north. By the time I took this pic in the afternoon, the county had been through with the maintainer and opened it up. C3PO and I wouldn't have stood a chance this morning.


Here's another view from the end of our lane, looking northwest. Country roads will be a rodeo for the rest of the winter. 


This is our front lawn. I love Iowa. I really do. But this is a little excessive. Really glad I didn't leave any agility equipment out this year.

It was actually nice (and I use that term loosely) enough to let the dogs run outside for awhile this afternoon. They chased a toy out of the wind and ran and ran and ran. Air temp was 5 degrees, wind chill was about -10. Air temps are supposed to be -17 tonight, wind chill will be some ridiculous number I don't even want to think about. I'm having a lot of trouble with the concept of global warming right now.

4 comments:

  1. WIMP!!! I went, I drove, I blew snow across the windshield! Me and the Green Machine!! Bill didn't scream too much. LOL Honestly, it would have been a great day to stay home!! TG for our Neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I went, I drove. Ok, ok... I'm in town, but I DID get hung up behind some moron from CALIFORNIA that didn't lock in the four wheel drive on his SUV and just spun his rear wheels... UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the cold spell has gone on for way to long when you get up and look at the thermometer and are excited because it is 2 degrees. They had called for 6 below. It made the 2 degree seem pretty warm. It probably won't make you feel any better but we are having the same weather 5 hours south of you. I hate winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs play for literally hours outside. I keep worrying they will freeze. The run and bark and love it. The nice thing is that the cold really makes them tired when they come in.

    ReplyDelete