Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Can you feel the love?

"Pa! Git a bucket o' cold water! Them dang dawgs is a killin' each other !"

This is what happens when there are below zero windchills for too many days in a row and the Belgians can't get outside to blow off a little excess energy. Not to worry, they find plenty of ways to blow off energy in the house.

Right after I took this picture, they stopped face-fighting, stood up, shook off, then launched into round two. Although they show the most horrible facial expressions and "I have advanced rabies" growls, it's all in fun. They constantly amaze me. I've never had two dogs who love to play together like these two. My Shelties NEVER played like this but the Belgians thrive on it. They read each other incredibly well and take turns being the chewer and the chewee. If Phoenix crosses the line, Jamie will put the smack down on him, 'Nix will be meekly humble for about 5 seconds and then they'll start all over again.

In an effort to relieve some cabin fever, I took both boys to the ICDOC building this morning to train. The wind chill was -24 when we left at 7 a.m. Enough already!

After a good session, I took the dogs home and went to work. I pulled up at the office and immediately realized I'd forgotten my lunch - homemade chicken and rice and nice fruit salad, dang! - at home in the refrigerator. A little later, I went to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and realized I'd forgotten to put in my earrings this morning. Not a big deal but enough to make me stop and do a careful analysis to see if there WAS anything else important I'd forgotten.

Fortunately, for everybody, I appeared to have remembered all the appropriate clothing. That is not anything to take for granted, since more than once I have tried driving to work in my house slippers.

This cold snap needs to end soon. It's making us all mental.

4 comments:

  1. At least you know your lunch is safe from the FARMER!!!! G This weekend it sounds like it's going to get WARMER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Belgians are wimps! My two Samoyeds have been playing outside for almost an hour! I call them in and they look at me like I'm crazy and race right back out again. Not too cold for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. face fighting is always good for indoor games!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Tooth Boxing! A favorite sport in our house. As is Neck Jousting. I love when a non-dog person looks over at us watching this and they finally can't stand it and ask aren't we going to break up that dog fight?? I tell them, hey...slap some scary music on that and bingo, Hollywood dog fight!

    ReplyDelete