Sunday, January 17, 2010

Frosty morning

Last night's fog and lack of wind created some very beautiful frost this morning. Here's the lilac bush in the dogs' yard. Honestly, I think it looks better here than it does sometimes in the spring. Poor little lilac bush.


Isn't this stuff spectacular? It reminds me of those crystals you could grow in a jar in water back in the '70s. Remember those? I think they were called moon rocks.


I think this is Jamie's pawprint, filled with frost. Or maybe Bigfoot was passing through and walked across our patio. At least it's not a mountain lion. Since that deer hunter shot Iowa County's first (and only?) mountain lion last month, everyone is still pretty wound up about mountain lions in eastern Iowa.


4 comments:

  1. Nice. It really does look like a winter wonderland. However, I'm going to Vinnie's blog site now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I think it's a Mountain Lion though... I would not, however, recommend going to Vinnie's blog - there is NO underware there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some of that before our snow melted. It was really pretty!

    ReplyDelete