Friday, January 21, 2011

It's the little things

This is the first morning in almost three weeks that I:

• Haven't been worried because my dog refused food.

• Haven't been worried because my dog was throwing up.

• Haven't been worried because my dog had diarrhea.

• Haven't been worried because my dog curled up on the couch and wouldn't move.

• Haven't called the vet to schedule an appointment.

• Haven't called the vet because my dog was vomiting blood.

• Haven't called the vet to check on prescription refills.

• Haven't called the vet to give her my dog's status report.

• Haven't called the vet to check on test results.

• Haven't called the vet to question prescription dosage.

It's the little things that matter most.

I love my old dog.

I'm glad he gets to be one.

4 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. I have one 16-year-old Sheltie in great health, and two with terminal diseases. I so relate to what you are saying. Thanks for the reminder, as over here it's a good day filled with "little things."
    Thank you Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyy!! I'm happy for you and Jamie. It's nice when you can take the time and realize "Hey, I didn't have to ____________ today." Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a diagnosis and know what you need to do to help Jamie. My Kenzie is improving and it feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I'm a new poster. I found you by googling joe feist dumbbells. Do you know if he is in business anymore? The number all over the internet is 216-494-2301 and it is no longer in service. Also, I tried information and there is no Joe or Joseph Feist in North Canton. So I thought you might know of his status and/or whereabouts or know someone who does. If you have any info would you please email me at villaj61@gmail.com. I would be really grateful. Also, I'm glad you have a diagnosis for your big guy. I know it had to bring you a little peace to know what you are dealing with. Thanks a lot, J. Villa

    ReplyDelete