Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Autumn colors

There's frost in the forecast for the weekend and we'll probably have a hard freeze in the next couple of weeks but for now, my flowers still look great. Well, some of them have taken a beating over the summer and it's time for them to go away but apparently these don't know the end is near.

Snapdragons are one of my favorite annuals. They can take a light frost and keep on blooming. There were tons of little bees and big bumblebees buzzing around yesterday afternoon when I took these pics. You can see one of the little guys sitting on a petal.


Love, love, love my miniature roses. They are tough as nails. I added two pink ones this spring (thanks, Michele!), but the Russian sage fell over on top of them. They're fine but not photograph-able. That sage is out of control. Yet another thing on my gardening to-do list - whack the sage.


Coleus will not withstand any kind of frost so I'm enjoying this while it lasts. Isn't the color wonderful? This plant has been through wind, drought, hail, grasshoppers and crazed malinois and still looks this great.


I bought a little container of cheap asters a few years back, no idea they'd be this big and pretty. The bees LOVE them. The whole plant was buzzing in the sunshine yesterday afternoon.


I'm fixing this picture in my mind to think about in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment