Saturday, September 4, 2010

Five Seasons Cluster, Day 1

Do you ever feel like the universe is having a great big joke at your expense?

That's pretty much how I feel right now. 

Things did not go well at the trial today. Phoenix broke his down stay about 30 seconds after I left.

I really thought we'd vanquished that demon or at least shoved it into a box and nailed the lid down tight. The rest of his work was so-so. Ugh. It's like the last couple of months of training didn't exist.

Okay, enough pity party. I'll put on my big girl panties and deal with it!

I don't want to be a blogger who only posts when her dog is working brilliantly so I promise I will review the day in all its glory, including a fresh perspective on the whole mess from a friend, but right now I'm just tired and frustrated and headed for bed.

We'll go back tomorrow. No guts, no glory!

4 comments:

  1. Two steps forward... one step back. He'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Do you ever feel like the universe is having a great big joke at your expense?"

    Every. Single. Day.

    Sorry that he broke his down - but the last couple months really did happen. He's that much closer to holding them and understanding his job.

    Hope the rest of the weekend has better results for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh oh yes I've felt that way on many occasion! Vibes that today goes well!!!!! {{{{{{{}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is now Sunday and I'm catching up! I hope things went better today and I was just talking to friends at our obed trial, isn't some of why we keep training dogs is to overcome those obstacles? And there are ALWAYS obstacles - sigh! Better luck the next couple days!

    ReplyDelete