Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More wild weather

This shelf cloud was the leading edge of a severe thunderstorm that rolled through late this afternoon, just as I got home from work. It brought straightline winds of 60-70 mph to some places in eastern Iowa but I don't think they were that strong at our place. We had a few small tree limbs down but nothing like the straightline winds back in June '98 that tore the hell out of everything.

Since Friday evening, we've had three rounds of severe t-storms that brought torrential rainfall, flash flooding and wall clouds with rotation, then heat indices over 100 degrees and now this cool shelf cloud and high winds. Could we have some nice weather for a spell? How the heck am I supposed to train my crazy dog with all this thunder and lightning?

4 comments:

  1. First off - COOL photo!!! Ya gotta love that little camera - nice shootin!

    Second... my friend Melinda would tell you that you should be training in the thunder and lightning - good to train for those distractions. She's right, you know. Smart gal that Melinda! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome but kinda of scary picture. Are weather spotters suppose to be outside taking pictures? I'm with you Marsha - I think it's called "proofing".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all fun and games....until something strikes your MONOPOD!!! G

    ReplyDelete