Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The dumbbell saga continues

After the fates conspired and Phoenix's PERFECT dumbbell broke, I ordered him a new one from Max200. That was back on May 21. When it hadn't arrived by June 1, I called them. "We'll ship it today," they said. Hmmm, 11 days to ship an in-stock size dumbbell, especially when their Web site says they ship within three days? Wonder how long it would have taken if I hadn't called?

Here is Phoenix with what is left of his perfectly-sized Joe Feist dumbbell.

"This was NOT my fault. Just want to make that clear."



Below is Phoenix's old "training" dumbbell. It is not fit to go in the ring. Actually, the chew marks are not from Phoenix. They are from Jamie. Sweet, patient, gentle Jamie . . . who has teeth like an industrial buzz saw. If the Max200 dumbbell is not satisfactory (providing it ever gets here), I will have J&J make me one just like this. But it won't look like it's been gnawed by a rabid wolverine.


In the meantime, Phoenix has been trying on some of his friends' dumbbells.

"Mom, this isn't going to work."



"I am Petra, queen of the demon pomeranians.
Do not put malinois slobber on my dumbbell."

(Now honestly, whose idea was it to take a picture of a black dog against a black background? But on the bright side, Petra finished her CDX a few weeks after this picture was taken.
Maybe malinois slobber is a lucky charm?)


"You have GOT to be kidding. I could poke my eye out with this thing."
(This dumbbell belongs to Sydney, a PWD who preferred pick up dumbbells by the ends, not the bit. A custom job with monster ends from J&J fixed that problem.)


Will Phoenix's new dumbbell ever arrive? Will it be suitable? Will I end up spending a small fortune again to find the perfect dumbbell? Don't I have anything more important to think about? (No. Duh.) Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Love the expression when he's looking at Petra's dumbbell. Very funny. Do you have plenty of meds to get you through this trying time of dumbbell shopping? Just checking. If you run low, we all have a couple friends.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like Goldylocks and the three Dumbbells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should use the LITTLE ONE!!!! G

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, welcome to the Holy Grailesque search for the perfect db. With my GSD I went through a spell that when I finally found one and quit ordering from Max200 I feared they'd call to see if I was okay. Ps., love the pic of the Pom - my new project. Same color and same unsettling glint in the eye. I console myself by saying it's humor or Pommie joie de vivre. Whatever lets me sleep at night. Love your blog, thanks! Belinda Cox

    ReplyDelete