Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Agility pics

I don't order pictures from trial photographers very often any more. I've got a ton of great pics taken by some talented friends and if I ever want anything "special," I know they'll work to get whatever shot I want.

But I went a little crazy ordering pictures from the DMOTC trials back in October. There are shots from some new and different angles and they make me appreciate what athletes our agility dogs are.

Phoenix is by far the most athletic dog I've ever run. Connor had lousy structure. He tried, bless his heart, but it didn't come easily and Jamie was sound but not insane about agility so he did the "pretty dog lope" through most of his career.

Then there's Phoenix . . . who firmly believes in "Go big or go home!"

Launching off the start line.
Note tongue sticking out in uber concentration


This picture says a lot.
Most of it's not good, from a handling standpoint.
Except that he DID clear the jump that's not even in the frame.
Someone needs to set her dog up better for that first jump.


This is just a fun pic.
Love the steering with the tail.


So is this.
Ears clamped back for max streamlinabilty.
(Is that even a word?)


A pretty basic tire pic.
But he's such a handsome fellow.


Phoenix loves to weave.
It baffles me.


I mean seriously.
What part of this looks comfortable?
Or rewarding?
His body is going in about 6 different directions.


And then there's the "wild eye at end of the weaves" look.


These pics brought to you by Nieder Arts Photography and my MasterCard.

5 comments:

  1. great photos! You can totally see how intense he is and the energy he has for agility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "the pretty boy lope" as a descriptor. That's how Taz the Terv runs agility. He's very light on his feet, but casual about the whole thing. I'm going to have to learn a whole new handling style for my young aussie, whose nicknames include Crash, Tank, and the Rubber Bullet. She likes fast. She also thinks that ricocheting off of things is fun, and that you could just as well go through something as over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool to see
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud when I saw that pic of him jumping the jump that wasn't even in the frame. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally lOve these Picts of Phoenix! He's so handsome. The photog did a great job of getting lighting right so you can see details in his face. Not easy to do with malinois!

    ReplyDelete