Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation, Day 2

I took this week off and as usual, being on vacation is more work than being at work. Yesterday was crazy busy but today? Not so much. It's been raining steadily since 6 a.m. Not so great for doing anything outdoors but good for forcing me to get after some work around the house. Dust? Yeah, we got dust. Oh, REMOVE the dust? Yeah, maybe I should do that.

Mostly I've spent the day getting ready to leave for Glen Carbon, Ill., tomorrow for a four-day agility trial Thursday through Sunday. That is probably one more day of agility than good sense dictates but the site is lovely and the company will be great. It will be a welcome mid-summer get-away. 

All three dogs are going with and we're stopping to see my folks on the way. The plan is to get to the motel early enough to beat the St. Louis traffic . . . and of course I have an ice cream stop already plotted at the DQ in Hannibal, Mo.

The Farmer is staying home. It's hard to bale hay when you're sitting with your wife and her crazy dog at an indoor soccer arena for 8 hours a day. The big item on his agenda, aside from second-cutting hay, is bug bombing the basement while we're gone. It's not something we can do while any of us are in the house and there is a serious spider problem going on in the basement. Since I have no use for spiders (I totally share Ron Weasley's spider phobia), I am happy to let him tackle the problem. In his words, "Set up the bug bomb, push the button and get the hell out of the house." He's a good man.

Will file a report on the weekend's events when I get home. My major goal is to use some of the new handling skills I've been trying to learn this summer. Shut up and run!

3 comments:

  1. Will a Peanut Buster Parfait be on the menu? G
    Have fun and good luck! Run like you train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up and Run???? That sounds sooooooo familiar. Have fun. It will be interesting to see what "small" means in Hannibal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good man WILL get rid of the spiders in your basement!! Lucky you!! Hope your weekend was good and that DQ was yummy!!

    ReplyDelete