Friday, July 10, 2009

First tomato!

The first cherry tomato of the summer is ripe!


Uh-oh! Invasion of the tomato snatchers!
(They mean business, too, it gets worse as the summer goes on.)

I picked that tomato and ate it right there in the garden. It's not much of a garden, two cherry tomato plants in pots atop the old cistern, but it works for me. It was only one bite but it absolutely exploded with flavor. It might have been the best tomato I've ever eaten. I stood there in the sunshine savoring that wonderful taste, watching the dogs capering around the yard and counted all the blessings in my life.

1 comment:

  1. From the looks of things, you had better get while the gettin' is good... them there dawgs look HUNGRY for tomatoes!! (I assume you WON'T catch that there farmer eatin' yer termaters!!)

    ReplyDelete