Okay, seriously, I've only had R2 for two weeks and I've already rearranged things. Granted, it's pretty hard to do much differently with the size of crates I've got in there, but after last weekend's agility trial, I knew I had some wasted space.
The long 2x4s under Jamie's crate did a fine job of holding it up but also blocked off the empty space underneath. Dog folks know that any available space in a vehicle is good for having something stuffed into it. Wasted space is sacrilege.
It was time to recruit the Farmer to find more lumber. I wanted a sheet of plywood to put under the crates, so they could be blocked up, making the gap under Jamie's crate available for storage. Yeah, I could have gone to the lumber store and got it but I figured the Farmer had a sheet of relatively clean plywood someone around here. We have an entire building full of lumber from tiny little scraps to beams from the barn we lost in '98.
He went to the lumber store and bought it. Go figure. It's very clean. I'm not complaining. Here's the result.
There's room to slide a tent crate underneath. I can also slide my peg-board topper for the tent crate in there, too. I'm getting better at this less-is-more, downsizing, don't-take-the-kitchen-sink approach. The true test will be packing for mal nationals in less than a month.